UK Chevening Scholarship for South Sudan 2012-2013

Posted: December 2, 2011 by PaanLuel Wël in Education, Jobs

The British Chevening Scholarship Programme for 2012/2013 session is now open to postgraduate students from South Sudan. The scholarship is aimed at future leaders who are already experienced in their chosen profession and would like to further develop their career with a postgraduate course in the UK. The details for other African countries were earlier announced here. Other Africans whose countries have not been included on the list should check back as the list is regularly updated.

The scholarship is a prestigious awards scheme that funds international postgraduate students who want to study in the UK for one academic year.

Funded by the UK’s Foreign and Commonwealth Office and administered by the British Council, the scheme operates in over 150 countries and annually provides funding for over 2,300 scholars.

Why Apply?

This is a prestigious award that gives you the chance to experience a world-renowned educational system. In addition, it provides you with the opportunity to experience UK life and meet other Chevening scholars. Once you become a Chevening scholar, you will discover a lot of opportunities to develop your career and become a future leader in your field.

Eligibility

• You are a postgraduate student who can prove your academic success and who has already begun a career in your chosen field
  • You have between two and five years working experience (depending on the country you are applying in), with an excellent track record illustrating your achievements and your potential to use the skills gained during your scholarship to make a difference in your country
  • You have achieved an excellent mark for you undergraduate degree and can provide a transcript of your academic record. Specific academic requirements are available from the British Council offices in your country
  • You are 21 years or older (there are upper age limits for specific countries so please ensure you check this during your applications process)
  • You are a resident in your country when you apply and provide your birth certificate (with translation)
  • You must have good English language skills (most UK Higher Education institutions require a minimum IELTS of 6.5 for admission into postgraduate courses).

Eligible Countries

The scholarship is currently open to citizens of.

Eligible Courses

Applicants will normally be selected from those who wish to take courses in:

• Economics
  • Finance
  • Banking
  • Law
  • Human rights
  • Public administration
  • Management
  • Project management
  • Media
  • Political science
  • International relations
  • Diplomatic training
  • Environmental studies

Although applicants for other courses (as varied as counter-terrorism, religion and energy/climate change) may be considered. You are expected to show a commitment to return to your country, where you will contribute to the country’s socio-economic development using the new skills and knowledge acquired during your stay in the UK.

How to Apply

You will need to submit the following documents to us when the application season is open:

• Complete the application online.
  • Birth certificate
  • Supporting letters from two referees
  • Photocopies of academic certificates
  • Transcript/records of exams that you have passed

Deadline: January 22, 2012

For more information about the scheme, click here.

To start your application online, click here.

Related Entries

ADS Master’s Scholarship for Africans in Australia 2012-2013

To read more about the scholarship for South Sudan, click here.

For a list of participating universities and their profiles, click here

To see the type of scholarship your country qualifies for, click here

To begin your online application, click here.

About these ads
Comments
  1. gorgrsomial says:

انا اسمي جورج صموءيل عطية احب السودان واريد العمل فيي
    اعمل سواق و اعمل في الكةرباء وفي اي عمل شق وا سني 30 سنة ورقم تليفوني 01220861029 وعلي اللة التو فيق عنواني عمارة رقم 3 شارع المةندس حسن عبد الفتاح شبرة الخيمة مدينة الفتح واللة بلغ امري

2. Simon Wilson Mbironguwa says:

I am a south Sudanese aged 23 years old, i completed my high school in Uganda and currently finishing my Diploma course in Business administration and management, i would like to study Economics at Undergraduate studies, i am unable to help my as i lost both of my parents during the civil war.
    Styding in UK is always my dream, because it will provide with the skills that will help me influence the economic policies of this Young Nation South Sudan, please advise how i can best get an undergraduate scholarship to study in UK as a South Sudanese Orphan

3. businesses, says:

Hi, i think that i saw you visited my weblog thus i came to go back the want?
    .I’m trying to to find things to enhance my web site!I suppose its ok to use some of your ideas!!

4. Arok Macur Thon Arok says:

Hay My name is Arok Macur Thon Arok , My age is 21yrs old and I life in Juba South Sudan .
    I have two year with out university I finch my High School In Sudan Khartoum . I got 73.9% in Sudan School certificate in Art and i have not yet be accepted any where for university . so Hope to find some help to go and study International Business Administration in the UK if there is a way I would be gratefuller for your help .

5. Okenyi Samuel Peter says:

HI..i am Okenyi Samuel Peter, a south Sudanese civil engineering technician,completed the full technician course in civil engineering.I am looking for a full scolarship so that i can do my bachelor degree of the same course.

Thanks and stay blessed

6. DUT says:

Hi DUT BOL DUOP BAP,aged 25 lives in wau s.sudan.
    I have completed my sudan secondary school certificate in the yr 2011-2012 in Tonj secondary science section and obtained 74.3%. Due to financial shortage, iam still staying without school for 8 months now and i have a dream of completing my studies there in UK.Would you kindly admit me to join your university in faculity of civil engineering inorder for me to get quality education instead of quantity one. Yrs positive respond toward my application will highly be appreciated.
    Thanks

7. Grace Dudu Jafar says:

It is a good program-for south Sudanese of which i am interested to join next year

8. Bingo Martin says:

hi am Bingo Martin aged 26 lives in western Equatoria State South Sudan. am pleased that we have good summaritans who really want us to improve on our standard of living through the help they are giving us in providing us with the relaible education, it is agreate chance for us South Sudanese, we should not misuse it. thanks alot to the British Government, i love that and i hope now that i will study thanks.

9. my name is Dawa Rose Marthin , south sudanese by nationality age of 25 ,i completed diploma in community development ,certificate in management and certificate in computer ,i finish all my studies in uganda and hope to go to uk for postgraduate if all is well am talented to work hard to the development of our young nation after the school,and i will provide with the skill , please advise how i can best get an postgraduate scolarship to study in uk , currently am working for NPA and wise to study Development /Economic becouse we are still young nation need lot of development, am working as Assistant enterprise development officer.please if you put my request to your consideration i will be of great pleasure .. thanks may God bless you.

10. Anthony Akuga Lo-Kiden says:

Hello, am a South Sudanese by nationality age 35 years male by sex who is so very intrested for such scholarship due to luck of communication i could not able to get this good news doe is pass. Therefore,in deed am so very intrested if these program still going and am kindly requesting you to add some more post eg. Public Heath for the year 2013 to 12014 and thank.
    By: Name Anthony Akuga Lo-Kiden

11. I am by name LULE ROBERT JACOB a south sudanes by nationality age 25 years and currently working in a Bank called KCB Sudan.i have a Deploma in a Banking and Finance but hopping to upgrade in any Finance course.kindly for any chance let me know through this email: lulexyrobert@yahoo.com or rjlule@kcb.co.ke

12. HOW CAN I NOW MY RESULT GUYS

13. bidali jafari mou (jeffers) says:

wow its very interesting to hear such a great chance to have a scholarships regrading UK studies. well i am citizen of the republic of south Sudan who like to study civil engineering i completed mu studies in Uganda both high school and ordinary level but due to lack of financially support i am currently home in Juba.I wish to be part of the opportunity?
    my email-jeffersbidali@yahoo.com

14. Jackson K. Athian says:

Hi, I am Jackson Koor Athian from Aweil South Sudan. I completed my High school in Uganda
    2009 and I obtained good results. Due to the lack of financial stabilities, I couldn’t purse my studies
    How ever I am kindly beging your pardon to atleast help me to study in UK though it’s short.

• july peter juma gomo says:

hi, am july peter juma from central equatari state south sudan.i completed my high school in uganda 2008 and obtained second class high.due to lack of finanical .i could not able to purse my studies.looking for assistant to purse my studies in uk.

15. Victor Dimo says:

hello my dear
    iam Victor Dimo from South Sudan i have just complete my scondary school in 2012 but am realy lucky finincial assistant to complet my studies becuase i came from poor fimly who cannot ably to assist me in my studies