Gogrial Community in Victoria-Australia congratulated the new Governor of Gogrial State, Gen Gregory Deng Kuac (Gregory Vasili)
January 19, 2017 (SSB) — On behalf of Gogrial Community of Victoria-Australia, I would like to take this opportunity to thank President Salva Kiir Mayardit for appointing Major Gen Gregory Vasili (Gregory Deng Kuac) as a new Governor of Gogrial State. We congratulate the newly appointed Governor for earning the trust of the President.
The sons and daughters of Gogrial Community here in Victoria-Australia welcome your appointment. As we know you, you are not a new person among the people of Gogrial as you were born, grown and start your school there with many of your colleagues who know your capabilities. Above all, it is not the first time that you to serve the people of Gogrial, as you were a former Commissioner of Gogrial East County during our liberation struggle and through to the signing of Comprehensive Peace Agreement in 2005.
The people of Gogrial in Victoria-Australia and Diaspora-wide would like to wish you a very best and success in your new role and leadership as a Governor of that great state. Mr Governor, the expectations of our people are very high, and the issues affecting Gogrial and its inhabitants are tremendous. We, therefore, like to focus your attention on the immediate challenges and problems that need your leadership as follows:
- Peace and reconciliation among our people in the state, in particular, between community Apuk and Aguok community is paramount and significant for the development of the state. That senseless conflict between those two communities is unacceptable as it is a total waste of innocent people lives and embarrassment to our population as the President came from that state. However, our people still turning against each other instead of supporting their son to bring peace and development to the whole nation. With your leadership effort, we urge our people to cease from fighting each other and focus on development.
- The building of at least one Suitable Primary and Secondary Schools and Clinic in every new county of Gogrial State is paramount.
- Constructing an appropriate road network to connect every county of Gogrial State to its capital Kaucjok and Wau where most good comes through to the state.
- Refocusing our people in agriculture or food production to eradicate poverty and idleness. Youth who are mostly sitting idly need to be engaged in farming and other creative projects that create jobs, particularly in the areas of infrastructure and road networks.
- Above all, we would like to see you engage with the people of Gogrial in Diasporas by involving them in some projects that will lead toward a significant development of their state. The people of Gogrial in Diaspora are highly educated and qualified in most of the significant areas that are badly needed there as they can help in developing their state in many ways if properly engaged. We, therefore, suggest that whenever you settle in your new role through initiating visits to Australia and wherever Miith Gogrial are in Diaspora to mobilize resources (both human and money) for sustainable peace and development in Gogrial State.
We wish you all the best and success in your new role and looking forward to working and interacting with you on things that will advance peace and development in Gogrial State.
Achuil Tong Wol, Chairperson,
Gogrial Community of Victoria-Australia,
The opinion expressed here is solely the view of the writer. The veracity of any claim made are the responsibility of the author, not PaanLuel Wël: South Sudanese Bloggers (SSB) website. If you want to submit an opinion article or news analysis, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. SSB do reserve the right to edit material before publication. Please include your full name, email address, city and the country you are writing from.