Press Release from Col. William Gatjiath Deng, IO military Spokesperson
January 25, 2017 (SSB) — On Monday January 23, 2017, the brutal and ruthless Juba regime under the leadership of Mr Salva Kiir Mayardit as President of South Sudan authorized the Embassy of South Sudan to the United States of America (USA) to design, issue and circulate a forgery falsely and misleadingly claiming that
- Lt. General James Koang Chuol Ranley, SPLA-IO Deputy Chief of General Staffs (DCOG) for Administration and Finance,
- Lt. General Wisely Welebe, SPLA-IO Deputy Chief of General Staffs (DCOG) for Training,
- Brig. General Malual Beliew, SPLA-IO Acting Director for Logistics,
- Lt. General Alfred Fatuyo, SPLA-IO Sector Six (6) Commander in Western Equatoria, and
- Brig. General Wang Chang Thian, SPLA-IO Director of Internal Security had defected from the SPLM/A-IO and joined the Juba government. The Office of the General Chief of Staffs of the Sudan People’s Liberation Army in Opposition (SPLA-IO) would like to inform all the SPLA-IO commanders, SPLA-IO units and indeed the people of South Sudan that the officers named and listed in the forgery are some of the most respected and trusted cadres in the SPLA-IO whose enormous sacrifice and commitment to the cause of the liberation struggle, vision and mission of the SPLM/A-IO under the able leadership of Dr Riek Machar Teny Dhurgon as Chairman and Commander-in-Chief (C-in-C) of the SPLM/A-IO.
Therefore, they cannot and should not in any way be questioned, linked to any defection or even associated with the brutal and ruthless regime in Juba.
No doubt, while the intention of the forgery from the desperate and collapsing Juba regime was to tarnish the good name of these outstanding SPLA-IO officers and create confusion in the rank and file of the SPLA-IO.
The Office of the SPLA-IO Chief of General Staffs (COGS) would like to once again remind the brutal and ruthless Juba regime that SPLA-IO has never been stronger than it is now and that the rank and file of the SPLA-IO is no longer vulnerable to forgery incitements, statements, publications and campaigns of whichever/whatever sorts, forms or designs.
The Office of the SPLA-IO Chief of General Staffs (COGS) would also like to equally remind the shameless and desperate Juba regime that the habit of spreading prevarications and falsehoods is now as good as dead and will neither salvage the insecurity and instability within the Juba regime itself, nor deter the resolve of the people of South Sudan not only to fight for freedom, justice and equality but also to defeat and end once and for all the autocratic and authoritarian leadership and policies in South Sudan.
The opinion expressed here is solely the view of the writer. The veracity of any claim made are the responsibility of the author, not PaanLuel Wël: South Sudanese Bloggers (SSB) website. If you want to submit an opinion article or news analysis, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. SSB do reserve the right to edit material before publication. Please include your full name, email address, city and the country you are writing from.